Sunday, September 09, 2007

For those who I don't know

I'm sorry I missed you
I'd meet you, but not everyone likes a gossip queen
Or a tattle tale, like my neighbor called me
But if I tattle tale her
My parents will lose a friend
Or not
But I'll be a bully
Doesn't everyone want to lose?
In some way or another, we want to be free
Whether or not we know what it is or not
Everything is slowly dying
Intellectually I am a believer in progress
Forever stuck in place
Forever striving for an acceptance
Of myself, of those around me
All there is is internal/external
Or so they say
The importance of the world lies in decision
Over my contentment and perpetual sleep
Of volume on high
Can't hear my voice
As more therapeutic
Than to listen to it
Though easier to maintain, harder to change

No comments:

Post a Comment