Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sun Position

Whoever put me here wasn't very creative. I like to visit here from time to time, but I can't stay very long. People look at me and I just stare, sometimes its hard to imagine what people see in me so I do nothing at all so as to keep what's close a mystery. This can have its advantages: if no one sees you they can make up whatever they like about you and then fear the day they meet the real you. But I stick around, and although I'm never still, I'm always over your shoulder and my energy persists. To you, I'm only around half the time, busy with myself. When you tell me this I reply that if I could change I would, but things were like this long before you were born. It's amazing, you're more personal with me than anyone else, and yet I don't treat you like you're special. I don't know how I could treat anyone special being as I do my best for everyone, day-in, day-out. In me you see your finer senses tingle. In me you know you'll get hurt if you get too close. Whatever you did to acknowledge my existence made it harder for you to do over time. In fact, someone caught you speaking to me and had you put in the looney bin, where there are no windows and you can no longer see me. What do I care? I have millions of lovers. This conversation isn't even taking place, because I'm the freaking sun! I had you put in here in the first place, so how lousy I really am?

No comments:

Post a Comment