Thursday, February 05, 2009

Strength (is earned)/Defiance (is reliant)/Knowledge (is power)

I know exactly who I used to be
I've got my goody's hood on
As if I'm shut off to the world
As if I can't be who you want me to be
As if I can't be bothered
I will return insight and live like it's everything to me
Where most spit cliche and social enforcement
I will robe the way I always do
My home is advanced and thought-out
For others, it's the way it is
For others they live in a home they've been in all along
Nothing Changes
What is the value of honesty?
It is so easy to lose yourself
In arrogance over others
When will you know it?
Arrogance is a by-product of a deeper will to understand
Arrogance is that pesky trap 
Where you return to what you have left
If you sent a message from the other side
Would it be eye-opening?
Would you be the subject?
Even, what got us here?
I don't think habit is near reality
I don't think I share this with many others:
Who we are has nothing to do with what we want
The wants are enforced by people who have never known
The joy of an honest existence
They are so heart-broken that they don't even know it

No comments:

Post a Comment