Thursday, February 19, 2009

Herman Hesse

(Written in song form in case I make a song with these words.  However, I think that the structure adds to the effectiveness and message of the poem.  This is because the repetition emphasizes the shifting perspective of the lyrics.)

You wrote my life's story for me
Never got the chance to thank me
Never thought to thank yourself
We watched the pitiful beggars
We replaced them with ourselves

Everyone around us turned away
Can't live where awareness is waning
Lies are segregation and perpetuation

Break the cycle
Advance into our quiet independence
We need a New Order
Agreeable and Accessible
Truth is found where no one else goes
I will find you in the deepest meditation

Everyone around us turned away 
Can't live where awareness is waning
Resistance leads your effortless abandon
"Numbness will take you over one day"
"Lies push me away"
Objects are obstacles

No comments:

Post a Comment